The Fort Worth LASIK Vision Center is home to LASIK and refractive and cataract surgery specialists that have decades of experience when it comes to helping patients reduce their dependence on corrective eye wear. Thanks to extraordinary advancements in eye surgeries over the last decade, you now have the opportunity to see lasting corrections to your vision beginning one day after a short 15-minute LASIK procedure.
What is LASIK Eye Surgery?
If you are considering undergoing LASIK eye surgery in Fort Worth, TX, you should certainly take the time to fully appreciate what this procedure entails. A typical LASIK Fort Worth surgery includes:
A Consultation – Our Fort Worth eye surgeon will first determine if you are an acceptable candidate for eye surgery, and can tell you what type of results may be expected for your personal situation.
The Surgery – The procedure itself is very simple, and generally only requires fifteen to twenty minutes to complete. During the surgery, a flap is created in your cornea, and a laser is used to gently reshape the inner cornea. This process can be used to correct most cases of common vision problems such as nearsightedness, farsightedness, and astigmatism.
Recovery – Patients are often amazed at how quick and painless the recovery phase of LASIK surgery can be. Most people are able to begin enjoying drastically improved vision, with little to no discomfort, as soon as one day after surgery.
Types of Laser Eye Surgery in Fort Worth, Texas
At the Fort Worth LASIK Vision Center, we appreciate that each individual will have his or her own vision challenges, and will require different laser eye treatments in order to achieve optimal results. This is why we offer a wide array of refractive eye treatments to address each unique situation.
- Wavefront LASIK (Custom LASIK) – Wavefront LASIK is one of the most popular choices among eye surgeons, as it enables them to provide highly customized results for each patient. When utilizing this option, your Fort Worth LASIK eye surgeon will be provided with a 3D image of the cornea in order to correct even the most minor issues.
- Bladeless LASIK – Just as the name suggests, this form of LASIK enables your eye surgeon to create a flap in the cornea using a laser instead of a blade. By using this advanced technology in order to correct the shape of the cornea, surgeons have been able to reduce the instances of eye surgery complications and improve results.
- LASEK – This type of laser eye surgery is designed for individuals who are not suitable candidates for LASIK because their corneas are too thin. A trephine is used in order to cut the corneal flap, and enables for increased precision when dealing with the ultra delicate cornea. An alcohol-based solution is then used to loosen the epithelium so that the tissue below can be corrected.
- Epi-LASIK – Epi-LASIK is a sometimes considered a combination of the LASIK and LASEK procedures and is often used to correct minor vision problems and myopia. A plastic blade is used to cut the cornea before the epithelial can be manipulated and corrected.
- PRK – PRK is another Fort Worth laser eye surgery available to patients with thinner corneas. During PRK, instead of creating a flap on the cornea, an excimer laser is used to reshape the surface of the eye. This laser eye surgery can be used to correct many of the same vision problems as LASIK, but requires a slightly longer recovery period.
- CK LASIK – CK LASIK, or conductive Keratoplasty, reshapes the cornea using radio waves and mild heat. This is a relatively new laser eye procedure in Fort Worth, and it is currently only considered suitable for individuals suffering from farsightedness.
The Top 5 Benefits of Fort Worth LASIK Eye Surgery
See Instant Improvement in Vision
When you decide to undergo LASIK eye surgery in Fort Worth, you will be amazed at how quickly your vision is transformed. The eye surgery only lasts about 15 minutes, and the change in vision is immediate. You will need to keep your eyes closed as much as possible during the first few hours after surgery to enable your corneal flap to heal, but the incredible results – including near perfect vision – of the procedure will be evident as early as the morning following surgery.
Ditch Glasses and Contact Lenses
A common priority among patients choosing laser eye surgery in Forth Worth is the ability to finally stop relying upon glasses or contact lenses. You can stop worrying about breaking your glasses or losing your contact lenses. Many people who undergo LASIK eye surgery enjoy results that are better than their glasses or contacts could ever achieve.
Save Money Over the Long-Term
LASIK surgery should be viewed as an important investment. While there may be a significant initial cost, many patients do not need any vision correcting tools for many years down the road. You may need a pair of reading glasses later in life, but until then, you save money by not having to order contact lenses or glasses, or buy contact lens solutions and cleansers.
Practically Pain Free Procedures
LASIK eye surgeries have very few risks and complications, and most patients experience little to no discomfort or pain. The eye area is numbed during the procedure, and the patient is given eye drops that keep the eyes comfortable and free of infection during the recovery process. The most common, and temporary, complaint individuals experience is a bit of dry eye immediately following the procedure.
Enjoy New Activities and Life Changing Experiences
The sooner you visit the Fort Worth LASIK Vision center, the sooner you can embark on your new life, free of your dependency on contact lenses or glasses. With clear and crisp vision, you will find yourself with increased self-confidence and the opportunity to try new activities. No longer will corrective eye wear keep you from swimming, cycling, horseback riding, or experiencing any other exciting activities. This innovative eye surgery may provide the self-improvement you need to transform your life and possibly even advance your career.
Contact Us Today To Schedule Your Consultation
If you are interested in receiving laser eye surgery or cataract surgery in Fort Worth, TX, we invite you to contact our offices today to speak with one of our friendly and knowledgeable team members and learn more about your options and schedule your free consultation.
By Robert Warren